asked 2012-04-15 18:18:08 -0500
I install askbot (askbot-0.7.40-py2.6) according documentation.
Everything was going ok. But i have many strange output errors while command run:
python manage.py migrate askbot
FATAL ERROR - The following SQL query failed: ALTER TABLE "auth_user" ADD COLUMN "website" varchar(200) NOT NULL; The error was: column "website" of relation "auth_user" already exists
And last this:
> askbot:0032_auto__del_field_badgedata_multiple__del_field_badgedata_description__d FATAL ERROR - The following SQL query failed: ALTER TABLE "askbot_badgedata" ADD CONSTRAINT "askbot_badgedata_56ae2a2a" UNIQUE ("slug") The error was: relation "askbot_badgedata_56ae2a2a" already exists
Is it bug or not?
It is a bug related to specific versions of databases - which database are you using?
This post suggests a possible solution (seems to work for postgresql 9).
We might not be able to really fix this for a week or two due to vacations.
answered 2012-07-24 05:22:30 -0500bgenevaux
I had a similar error.
In fact, I had
FATAL ERROR - The following SQL query failed: ALTER TABLE "auth_user" ADD COLUMN ...
The error was: column "..." of relation "auth_user" already exists
for each migrations which add a column to the auth_user model; and at the end of the installation, I can't create any question without an error saying that the column "is_private" doesn't exist in the table askbot_post. (Besides, I tried to install askbot with both mysql 5.0 an postgresql 9.1, and the problem was here only with postgresql.)
When I looked up a little, it seems that initially, when db is synced, the auth_user model is already correct, and all the migrations modifying it failed, in particular the 0124 which add the column "is_private" to askbot_post (and because I use the last version of psycopg2, it was rolled back), so I tried to delete all the adding and modifying of auth_user, and this worked ! But this was ugly ...
Then I looked up some more, and it seems that you patched the auth_user only in the initial migration, and not in the next ones, so I tried to use the
safe_add_column method (instead of
add_column) for all these adding, and once again it worked and it is much nicer :-)
I still have a fatal error on the migration 0014 that I can't explain, but I will look it in a few days.
(Ah, and just to let you know, it worked with mysql because south doesn't work well with my version of mysql (isn't it funny ;-) ))
Create your Q&A site at askbot.com. Managed Askbot hosting at just $15/mo. Dedicated hosting, support contracts, consulting services.create your Q&A site
Asked: 2012-04-15 18:18:08 -0500
Seen: 210 times
Last updated: Jul 24 '12