To improve SEO a bit, I added some keywords to the title and renamed it to "New Requirements for Panama Permanent Residency under Executive Decree 343".
However, I notice that the SEO URL did not get updated:
The updated title should be:
EDIT: I did some test edits on this question to try to nail down the behavior. It looks like if I edit the text in the title, the SEO URL is updated, but if I only append text to the title, the SEO URL is unaffected.
By default "slug" part of the URL is limited by 50 characters or a bit less, depending on the word breakdown.
In the next release we'll make the limit 150 chars without making the solution a lot more complex, should be OK for most purposes.
Create your Q&A site at askbot.com. Managed Askbot hosting at just $15/mo. Dedicated hosting, support contracts, consulting services.create your Q&A site
Asked: 2012-06-24 15:00:36 -0500
Seen: 55 times
Last updated: Jun 24 '12