Askbot is an open source Question and Answer (Q&A) forum project inspired by StackOverflow and YahooAnswers.
This version of Askbot supports only Django 1.8.
To upgrade, or select version of Askbot working with earlier versions of Django, please follow `the instructions`_.
It is quick and easy to install and deploy askbot on your site. Have questions? - please ask at the forum or by email at email@example.com
- Install the software
- Create the database
- Create and configure the site files
- Initialize the database tables
- Deploy on a webserver
- Import data (StackExchange & ZenDesk)
- Appendix A: Maintenance procedures
- Appendix B: Optional modules
- Appendix C: Api
- Appendix D: Askbot as reusable Django application
- Appendix E: Customizing skin in askbot
- Appendix F: Intranet setup
- Appendix G: Language support in Askbot
- Appendix H: Migration from MySQL to PostgreSQL
Some background information: Askbot is written in Python on top of the Django platform. Code of Askbot grew out of CNPROG project originally written by Mike Chen and Sailing Cai.